Monday 13 June 2011

Current Skills

Skills Learnt


I believe that the last year has helped me develop a variety of skills, as well as some new ones too. My research skills  developed in a way that shows that I can get the right information from people while being quick and straight to the point. I also believe my time managing skills have significantly increased, as working as a group required me to keep up with the rest of the group, in both group tasks and updating personal work and my blog. The classwork we did prior to the start of our coursework helped me a lot in defining shot types and camera techniques, as well as terminology and editing. It also give me essential experience in filming and operating a camera, and although I didn't film our movie opening for our AS coursework, I was able to suggest a variety of ideas to help make the filming better, and I can use this in my A2 coursework to either help with the filming, or film my own video if I work alone or take the role as director in a group.

The AS coursework provided a lot of experience in managing and creating a short movie, including planning (storyboards, costumes, props and locations) filming the footage, and editing (credits, cropping, on screen edits and sound). This experience will help me understand the process in making a video, and will help me cause less basic mistakes. My acting in the movie will help me should I become another actor, as I now understand how I portray onto the camera.

Skills to Develop


The past year has also given me a insight into what I need to improve in order to make my A2 coursework.  I have learned that my research needs to be more varied, and cover a lot more areas, as this will help make sure everything is ready for the actual filming. This will be especially important if I work on my own, as I wont be able to rely on  others for the information. Another thing I need to imporve on is the accuracy of my work. Last year had a very fast time schedule, and falling behind proved to be a big disadvantage, as the workload piled up. This mainly happened  because of slight errors in our plans, causing us to repeat certain steps over and over until they were correctly done. To stop this this year, I will take my time and make sure to proof read all my plans before putting them into motion, so I dont have to continually backtrack and waste time. A third skill I can improve on is my precision with a camera. I need to work on what shot suits what situation, where to put the camera and how to move it correctly. This could prove to be cardinal if I am working alone.

ALthough working asd a group could be slightly improved, due to the chance that i may be working alone, this skill may become dispensable, and thus improving this skill may be a unnecessary waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment